1. What is Museum Box
  2. Training Overview
  3. The School
  4. The Audience
  5. Assessment and Evaluation
  6. Time Line
  7. Learning Objectives
  8. Goals

What is Museum Box?

Museum Box is a tool that can be used to help students think outside the box when it comes to education. Use Museum Box to gather and present information about any topic. A variety of media, such as pictures, text, videos, and sound recordings, can be placed in your Museum Box. This web 2.0 tool can be used in classrooms as a presentation tool or even for students to demonstrate knowledge in a creative way.



Training Overview

The training provided through this website is designed to train teachers how to use Museum Box as well as implement this technology into their classroom.


The School


Bluffton Elementary and Early Childhood Center is located in Bluffton, South Carolina. The school currently serves 610 students in grades Pre-kindergarten through fifth grades.


Our AudienceAudience.JPG

Bluffton Elementary and Early Childhood Center has a total of 75 employees with approximately 42 being certified teachers. The technology skill level of 80% of the certified teachers is very high. The remaining 20% are beginner to moderate levels. The teachers have not integrated Web 2.0 tools into the classroom on a consistent basis. One of the school’s goals for technology is to bring the percentages up on all levels and push for a higher integration of Web 2.0 tools into the classrooms.


Assessment and Evaluation

The staff development course will be evaluated through formative and summative evaluation.

Formative Evaluation:
  1. During the development phase, each developer will ‘test’ or view storyboards for each part of the instruction. Formative feedback will be given to each developer via email communication and discussions. Adjustments will be made as necessary. This process will be repeated multiple times.
  2. During the implementation phase, a survey will be given to the audience to address usability, quality, and motivation factors that affect the staff development program. The results of the survey will be used to make adjustments to course as necessary.

Summative Evaluation:
  1. The primary factor that will determine whether or not teachers have met the learning objectives is their creation of a Museum Box to implement in their classroom, since this task incorporates all the steps leading up to it. A rubric with criterion-related referenced items will be made to evaluate the teachers’ Museum Boxes based on the learning objectives. This evaluation will not affect the teacher’s employment; it will only be used to measure the quality of the instruction and measure the learning objectives.


Time Line

There are five sessions outlined for teachers to access the professional development. Each session can represent a different day in order to break up the professional development activities into smaller portions or they can be viewed at a teacher’s leisure. These sessions are displayed here on the Wikispace pages so that all staff will have access to this training.


Learning Objectives:

Teachers will master several new skills while using the tutorials of Museum Box. Teachers will be able to...
  • Create a Museum Box account.
  • Create Student Accounts
  • Add media (images, text, sounds, videos, files, and links) items to ‘drawer’.
  • Add media to the museum box from the drawer.
  • Add title and description to the museum box.
  • Open cube within a museum box.
  • Add a title and caption to each cube.
  • Add media to at least three sides of a cube.
  • Change the amount of cubes within a layer.
  • Change the number of layers in a museum box.
  • Change color or texture of the museum box.
  • Change color or texture of the cubes.
  • Save a museum box.
  • Implement the use of this web 2.0 tool in classroom instruction or student demonstrations.



  • Gain the learners attention and encourage them to participate in the activity and interact with the tools
  • Make the learner feel that the material is relevant to their needs and will be useful to them in the future.
  • Help build their confidence by guiding them step by step throughout the process. Lessons will be presented in small steps and be self paced.
  • Provide positive outcomes for the teachers with these Web 2.0 tools so that teachers will be excited to use them and see how useful these tools can be in their classroom .